Operation Christmas Child
Operation Christmas Child (OCC)
Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse, provides gift-filled shoeboxes to children (ages 2-14) around the world. These shoeboxes that people pack include school supplies, clothing, hygiene items, toys, stuffed animals and other various items that a child would find useful and enjoy. Most children around the world have never received any type of a gift before in their lives, so the children are very excited to receive a shoebox filled with gift items. The shoebox gift is simply a tool to introduce them to Jesus and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Areas of Thanksgiving
- Our Columbus, Ohio Area collected 48, 207 shoeboxes in 2015. Praise God!
- OCC collected more than 11.5 million shoeboxes in 2015 for boys and girls around the world.
- Since 1993, more than 124 million gift-filled shoeboxes have been collected and delivered to children in more than 150 countries and territories by OCC. Many lives have been changed for eternity!
Areas of Intercession
- Please pray that the Columbus, Ohio Area OCC Prayer team would be able to add 3-4 new members over the next 6 months.
- Pray that our Columbus, Ohio Area Team (7 counties) would be able to meet our goal to collect 52,061 for 2016 by Monday, November 21, 2016.
- Please pray that God would be preparing the hearts of the boys and girls (ages 2-14) who will be receiving the shoeboxes this year. These shoeboxes will be distributed in 2017. Pray that these boys and girls will be open to accepting Jesus Christ into their hearts.